2005 Community Development Block Grant
The Citizen's Advisory Committee expects to receive $588,694.51 of CDBG entitlement funds and expected program income.
The Citizens Advisory Committee will accept applications for the use of these funds to benefit low and
moderate income residents of Middletown. The City is restricted in the use of these funds and will not fund Slum/Blight projects.
The 2005 CDBG funding calendar will be as follows:
For more information feel free to contact Michiel Wackers at 860-344-3425.
- January 3, 2005 Applications available
- January 19, 2005 Application Conference- A conference will be held for those interested in receiving funds.
The conference will go over the application, application process and answer any questions that
the applicants have. 10am in Room 208 City Hall, 245 DeKoven Drive, Middletown.
- February 11, 2005 Applications due no later than 11AM at Room 202 City Hall, 245 DeKoven Drive, Middletown.
- March, 16, 2005 Citizens Advisory Committee Public Hearing to hear proposals.
5pm in Room 208 City Hall, 245 DeKoven Drive, Middletown.
- April 20, 2005 Citizens Advisory Committee decides 2005 CDBG recommendations
- May 2, 2005 Common Council votes on CAC recommendations
- June 29, 2005 CAC holds Public Hearing on 2005 Annual Action Plan
- Public Notice- Annual Plan Available for Review & Public Hearing Scheduled June 29th
- 2005 Annual Action Plan
- July 18, 2005 Annual Action Plan submitted to US Department of Housing and Urban Development
- August-September environment review is completed and contracts are drafted.
- August 22, 2005- Citizens' Advisory Committee Notice of No Significant Impact and Intent to Request
Release of Funds
- August 22, 2005- Citizens' Advisory Committee Notice of Intent to Request Release of Funds
- August 25, 2005 CDBG seminar for new Grantees
- December 31, 2005 1st Quarterly Report Due
- March 31, 2006 2nd Quarterly Report & Davis Bacon Report Due
- June 30, 2006 3rd Quarterly Report Due
- September 30, 2006 4th Quarterly Report, Davis Bacon Report, & Women and Minority Contractors Report Due
- October 19, 2006 Citizens' Advisory Committee holds Public Hearing for 2005 CAPER
- November 29, 2006 2005 CAPER Submitted to HUD